Lone Star Podiatry is a strong proponent of conservative care. Lone Star Podiatry approaches their patient's foot and ankle pathology in a conservative manner when appropriate. Lone Star Podiatry is comfortable treating infants to the elderly for all their foot and ankle problems.
About Dr. Andrew Cassidy, Board Certified DPM, MS
Dr. Cassidy is a native of Austin where he graduated from Westlake HS. He and his wife Rose live in the Bee Cave area of Austin. Dr. Cassidy is a graduate of Texas Christian University where he received his bachelors and masters degrees in exercise physiology. During his time at TCU he was a physical therapy aid, and learned the value of this healing method. In addition, Dr. Cassidy played division I football for TCU. This helped shape his unique approach to sports medicine.
Dr. Cassidy attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in San Francisco Ca. His first year of residency was completed in Los Angeles Ca. at the Sherman Oaks Medical Center. His second year of residency took him back to northern California at the Kaiser Foundation Hospital. During his residency years, Dr. Cassidy received extensive training in foot and ankle surgery, diabetic wound care, and general podiatry. He then went on to do a sports medicine surgical fellowship at the prestigious Palo Alto Medical Foundation in Palo Alto Ca. Here he worked with collegiate athletes, professional athletes from the Oakland Raiders professional football team, as well as your typical weekend warrior.
He has a strong surgical background and a great bedside manner. With extended hours, Board Certified Dr. Cassidy and his staff look forward to caring for the podiatric needs of people in the Austin, Dripping Springs, and surrounding areas.
• Texas Christian University: BS Exercise Physiology
• Texas Christian University: MS Exercise Physiology
• California College of Podiatric Medicine: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
• Lone Star Podiatry (private practice)
11614 Bee Caves Rd. Suite 150
Austin Tx. 78738
P# (512)263-5454, F# (512)263-1272
• Surgical Residency (PSR-12)
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Region (Vallejo)
Attn: Gray Williams DPM (Residency Director) (707)651-3338
975 Sereno Dr.
Vallejo Ca. 94589
• Sports Medicine Fellowship
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Attn: Amol Saxena DPM (Fellowship Director)(650)853-2927
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto Ca. 94301
• Primary Podiatric Medical Residency (PPMR)
Sherman Oaks Medical Center
Attn: Niel Hecht DPM (Residency Director)
1105 Van Nuyes Blvd
Sherman Oaks Ca. 91403
• Exercise Physiologist
International Center for Aquatic Research (I.C.A.R.)
U.S. Swimming: Olympic Training CenterColorado Springs Co.
• A.Cassidy, A.Saxena: Secrets to Treating Stress Fractures of the Ankle; Podiatry
Today; June 2002.
• A.Saxena, A.Cassidy:Repair of 49 Peroneal Tendon Tears, a Retrospective; J. of
Foot and Ankle Surgery, Jul-Aug. 2002.
“The Effects of Different Fluid Volumes on Cardiac Output and
Thermoregulation During Prolonged Exercise in the Heat: Ad Libitum Vs 100%
• Exercise Physiology Research including; open circuit gas analysis, glycemic
index studies, biomechanical full body digitization, growth plate analysis, fluid
replenishment and gastric emptying studies, cardiovascular and thermoregulatory
• Clinical podiatric research in; peroneal tendon rupture repair, Talar OCD repair
with allograft, sciatic nerve overstretching secondary to inversion injury.
• Sherman Oaks Wound Care Ctr. (Diabetic wound care): Sherman Oaks, Ca.
• Grossman Burn Ctr. (outpatient and inpatient burn care): Sherman Oaks, Ca.
• General Podiatric Care during PPMR and PSR residencies
• Sports Medicine during the fellowship at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation
• PPMR- multiple orthopedic and podiatric procedures and plastics at the
Grossman Burn Ctr.
• Sports Med. Fellowship- Predominately rearfoot sports medicine-related
procedures and flatfoot reconstruction
• PSR 12- over 250 procedures; podiatric, as well as multiple plastic/vascular/ and
• Cardiac Rehab. (Phase I-III) and cardiac stress testing; All Saints Cardiac Rehab. Fort
• Physical Therapy (inpatient and outpatient)
• Outpatient Burn Therapy
- St. Davids south Austin Arise Hospital
- Westlake hospital
- Baylor Scott and White Hospital.