Lone Star Podiatry is a strong proponent of conservative care. Lone Star Podiatry approaches their patient's foot and ankle pathology in a conservative manner when appropriate. Lone Star Podiatry is comfortable treating infants to the elderly for all their foot and ankle problems.
About Dr. Andrew Cassidy, Board Certified DPM, MS
Dr. Cassidy is a native of Austin where he graduated from Westlake HS. He and his wife Rose live in the Bee Cave area of Austin. Dr. Cassidy is a graduate of Texas Christian University where he received his bachelors and masters degrees in exercise physiology. During his time at TCU he was a physical therapy aid, and learned the value of this healing method. In addition, Dr. Cassidy played division I football for TCU. This helped shape his unique approach to sports medicine.
Dr. Cassidy attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in San Francisco Ca. His first year of residency was completed in Los Angeles Ca. at the Sherman Oaks Medical Center. His second year of residency took him back to northern California at the Kaiser Foundation Hospital. During his residency years, Dr. Cassidy received extensive training in foot and ankle surgery, diabetic wound care, and general podiatry. He then went on to do a sports medicine surgical fellowship at the prestigious Palo Alto Medical Foundation in Palo Alto Ca. Here he worked with collegiate athletes, professional athletes from the Oakland Raiders professional football team, as well as your typical weekend warrior.
He has a strong surgical background and a great bedside manner. With extended hours, Board Certified Dr. Cassidy and his staff look forward to caring for the podiatric needs of people in the Austin, Dripping Springs, and surrounding areas.
• Texas Christian University: BS Exercise Physiology
• Texas Christian University: MS Exercise Physiology
• California College of Podiatric Medicine: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
• Lone Star Podiatry (private practice)
11614 Bee Caves Rd. Suite 150
Austin Tx. 78738
P# (512)263-5454, F# (512)263-1272
• Surgical Residency (PSR-12)
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Region (Vallejo)
Attn: Gray Williams DPM (Residency Director) (707)651-3338
975 Sereno Dr.
Vallejo Ca. 94589
• Sports Medicine Fellowship
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Attn: Amol Saxena DPM (Fellowship Director)(650)853-2927
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto Ca. 94301
• Primary Podiatric Medical Residency (PPMR)
Sherman Oaks Medical Center
Attn: Niel Hecht DPM (Residency Director)
1105 Van Nuyes Blvd
Sherman Oaks Ca. 91403
• Exercise Physiologist
International Center for Aquatic Research (I.C.A.R.)
U.S. Swimming: Olympic Training CenterColorado Springs Co.
• A.Cassidy, A.Saxena: Secrets to Treating Stress Fractures of the Ankle; Podiatry
Today; June 2002.
• A.Saxena, A.Cassidy:Repair of 49 Peroneal Tendon Tears, a Retrospective; J. of
Foot and Ankle Surgery, Jul-Aug. 2002.
“The Effects of Different Fluid Volumes on Cardiac Output and
Thermoregulation During Prolonged Exercise in the Heat: Ad Libitum Vs 100%
• Exercise Physiology Research including; open circuit gas analysis, glycemic
index studies, biomechanical full body digitization, growth plate analysis, fluid
replenishment and gastric emptying studies, cardiovascular and thermoregulatory
• Clinical podiatric research in; peroneal tendon rupture repair, Talar OCD repair
with allograft, sciatic nerve overstretching secondary to inversion injury.
• Sherman Oaks Wound Care Ctr. (Diabetic wound care): Sherman Oaks, Ca.
• Grossman Burn Ctr. (outpatient and inpatient burn care): Sherman Oaks, Ca.
• General Podiatric Care during PPMR and PSR residencies
• Sports Medicine during the fellowship at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation
• PPMR- multiple orthopedic and podiatric procedures and plastics at the
Grossman Burn Ctr.
• Sports Med. Fellowship- Predominately rearfoot sports medicine-related
procedures and flatfoot reconstruction
• PSR 12- over 250 procedures; podiatric, as well as multiple plastic/vascular/ and
• Cardiac Rehab. (Phase I-III) and cardiac stress testing; All Saints Cardiac Rehab. Fort
• Physical Therapy (inpatient and outpatient)
• Outpatient Burn Therapy
- St. Davids south Austin Arise Hospital
- Westlake hospital
- Baylor Scott and White Hospital.
Dr. Brittany Kalapach, DPM
Dr. Kalapach is a podiatric surgeon specializing in wound care, forefoot and rearfoot surgery. She is a diplomat of the American board of podiatric medicine.
Dr. Kalapach is a native Austinite. She grew up in the Eanes school district and graduated from Westlake High School. Dr. Kalapach is also a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin where she received a bachelor’s degree in Biology.
Dr. Kalapach attended from Kent State University, College of Podiatric Medicine in Independence, Ohio where she received her doctorate. While at Kent State, Dr. Kalapach was a school ambassador, a radiology tutor and President of the Podiatric Association for Diabetes. She completed her residency in wound care, forefoot and rearfoot surgery at the Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
During her residency Dr. Kalapach received a commendation from the Veterans Affairs Director of Podiatry Service recognizing her for ‘Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence’ in patient care.
In her free time, Dr. Kalapach likes to spend time with her German Shepherds or working her way through one of the latest video games. She is also a musician, soccer player, and runner.
As a bassoonist and tuba player, Dr. Kalapach has performed with the University of Texas Longhorn Band and now the Longhorn Alumni band. While in the Longhorn band, she performed in Tournament of Roses Parades and at Rose Bowl games. While in the Longhorn Alumni band she performed in the United Kingdom (UK) at the London New Year’s Parade, including additional concerts in the UK.
As a member the Longhorn Alumni Band she will be representing the USA at the 75th Anniversary Commemoration of the WW II D-Day.
Diplomat, American Board of Pediatric Medicine
Qualification in Foot Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Texas Podiatry License
Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine (KSUCPM)
BA of Biology, The University of Texas at Austin
Podiatrist, Austin Foot and Ankle Specialists
Resident, Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Administration Medical Center
Radiology/Medical Imaging Tutor, OCPM
School Ambassador, OCPM
Excellent reviews on Zocdoc
Recognized for Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and
Excellence in patient care By the Director of Podiatry Service
Veterans Affairs Central Office
- Dell UT Medical Center
- South Austin St. David’s Medical Center
- Central St. David’s Medical Center
- Seton Main
- South Austin Surgery Center
Member – American Podiatric Medical Association
Member – Texas Podiatric Medical Association
Member – Ohio Podiatric Medical Association