Lone Star Podiatry is a strong proponent of conservative care. Lone Star Podiatry approaches their patient's foot and ankle pathology in a conservative manner when appropriate. Lone Star Podiatry is comfortable treating infants to the elderly for all their foot and ankle problems.
About Dr. Andrew Cassidy, Board Certified DPM, MS
Dr. Cassidy is a native of Austin where he graduated from Westlake HS. He and his wife Rose live in the Bee Cave area of Austin. Dr. Cassidy is a graduate of Texas Christian University where he received his bachelors and masters degrees in exercise physiology. During his time at TCU he was a physical therapy aid, and learned the value of this healing method. In addition, Dr. Cassidy played division I football for TCU. This helped shape his unique approach to sports medicine.
Dr. Cassidy attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in San Francisco Ca. His first year of residency was completed in Los Angeles Ca. at the Sherman Oaks Medical Center. His second year of residency took him back to northern California at the Kaiser Foundation Hospital. During his residency years, Dr. Cassidy received extensive training in foot and ankle surgery, diabetic wound care, and general podiatry. He then went on to do a sports medicine surgical fellowship at the prestigious Palo Alto Medical Foundation in Palo Alto Ca. Here he worked with collegiate athletes, professional athletes from the Oakland Raiders professional football team, as well as your typical weekend warrior.
He has a strong surgical background and a great bedside manner. With extended hours, Board Certified Dr. Cassidy and his staff look forward to caring for the podiatric needs of people in the Austin, Dripping Springs, and surrounding areas.
• Texas Christian University: BS Exercise Physiology
• Texas Christian University: MS Exercise Physiology
• California College of Podiatric Medicine: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
• Lone Star Podiatry (private practice)
11614 Bee Caves Rd. Suite 150
Austin Tx. 78738
P# (512)263-5454, F# (512)263-1272
• Surgical Residency (PSR-12)
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Region (Vallejo)
Attn: Gray Williams DPM (Residency Director) (707)651-3338
975 Sereno Dr.
Vallejo Ca. 94589
• Sports Medicine Fellowship
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Attn: Amol Saxena DPM (Fellowship Director)(650)853-2927
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto Ca. 94301
• Primary Podiatric Medical Residency (PPMR)
Sherman Oaks Medical Center
Attn: Niel Hecht DPM (Residency Director)
1105 Van Nuyes Blvd
Sherman Oaks Ca. 91403
• Exercise Physiologist
International Center for Aquatic Research (I.C.A.R.)
U.S. Swimming: Olympic Training CenterColorado Springs Co.
• A.Cassidy, A.Saxena: Secrets to Treating Stress Fractures of the Ankle; Podiatry
Today; June 2002.
• A.Saxena, A.Cassidy:Repair of 49 Peroneal Tendon Tears, a Retrospective; J. of
Foot and Ankle Surgery, Jul-Aug. 2002.
“The Effects of Different Fluid Volumes on Cardiac Output and
Thermoregulation During Prolonged Exercise in the Heat: Ad Libitum Vs 100%
• Exercise Physiology Research including; open circuit gas analysis, glycemic
index studies, biomechanical full body digitization, growth plate analysis, fluid
replenishment and gastric emptying studies, cardiovascular and thermoregulatory
• Clinical podiatric research in; peroneal tendon rupture repair, Talar OCD repair
with allograft, sciatic nerve overstretching secondary to inversion injury.
• Sherman Oaks Wound Care Ctr. (Diabetic wound care): Sherman Oaks, Ca.
• Grossman Burn Ctr. (outpatient and inpatient burn care): Sherman Oaks, Ca.
• General Podiatric Care during PPMR and PSR residencies
• Sports Medicine during the fellowship at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation
• PPMR- multiple orthopedic and podiatric procedures and plastics at the
Grossman Burn Ctr.
• Sports Med. Fellowship- Predominately rearfoot sports medicine-related
procedures and flatfoot reconstruction
• PSR 12- over 250 procedures; podiatric, as well as multiple plastic/vascular/ and
• Cardiac Rehab. (Phase I-III) and cardiac stress testing; All Saints Cardiac Rehab. Fort
• Physical Therapy (inpatient and outpatient)
• Outpatient Burn Therapy
- St. Davids south Austin Arise Hospital
- Westlake hospital
- Baylor Scott and White Hospital.
About Dr. Sanaz Razmara, Board Certified DPM, MS
Dr. Razmara is a board certified, surgically trained foot & ankle specialist focusing on Sports injuries, diabetic foot care, as well as acute and chronic conditions of the foot and ankle. She completed her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with honors at the University of Texas at Dallas. She then attended Barry University School of Podiatric medicine in Miami, FL.
She completed 3 years of extensive surgical training in foot and ankle surgery at the prestigious residency program in Buffalo, NY where she was exposed to multiple complex foot and ankle conditions, as well as trauma surgery. Her training encompassed all aspects of Podiatry including sports medicine, wound prevention and wound care, diabetic limb salvage, surgical as well as non-surgical treatment of foot and ankle conditions, trauma management, and reconstruction of complex foot and ankle deformities.
Dr. Razmara treats patients of all ages. Her philosophy as a physician is to treat her patients the same way she would treat her family, and she is a firm believer of providing the highest standard of patient care. She feels blessed to be able to use her knowledge to help those affected by foot or ankle ailments, and enable them to walk pain free again.
She enjoys an active, healthy lifestyle in the great outdoors and most of all she loves the feeling of knowing she helped patients get back to their full potential.
- Catholic Health System, Resident Doctor of Podiatric Medicine PMSR/RRA certified program
- Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery: Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine
- University of Texas, Dallas: Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Arthrex FibuLock Fibular Nail Technique Cadaver Workshop
- Treace Lapiplasty System Cadaver Workshop
- Stryker Lapidus Cadaver Workshop
- Arthrex Brostrum Cadaver Workshop
- Arthrex Ankle Scope Workshop
- Family Medicine Lecture Series
- Shuffle Off to Buffalo Academic Seminar Lecture Series
- Arthrex Soft Tissue Skin Plasty Cadaver Workshop
- LisFranc Repair Lecture and Cadaver Workshop
- Rare Case of Familial Charcot Foot Case Study, 15 th Annual Austin Flint & John J. O’Brien Research Symposium, Catholic Health System, May 20, 2020
- Objective Skill Assessment of Vascular Surgery Trainees by Hand Motion Analysis: A Systematic Review, 5th Annual Michael E. DeBakey Dept. of Surgery Research Day Symposium, Baylor College of Medicine, June 7th, 2017
- John Maron Church Foot Screening
- Walk to Cure Diabetes, Sugar Land, TX
- Homeless Foot Clinic, HOPE, Miami Beach
- Special Olympics, Miami-Dade Area Games
- Homeless foot Clinic, FUMC Annual Foot Washing for Homeless
- City of Hollywood Free Health Fair
- The American Board of Podiatric Medicine
• American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
• American Diabetes Association: Save A Limb, Save A Life
• American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
• American Association of Woman Podiatrist
• American Podiatric Medical Students Association